The hair straightening brush by Simply Straight is one of the best hair brushes 2017 has to offer. The Simply Straight as seen on tv electric hair brush is ideal for those that want a fast and effective way to manage wavy, curly or frizzy hair. The Simply Straight ceramic brush can easily transform hair of any kind to a long-lasting modern, straight, sleek look. The company also has an additional brush variant which is known as the Simply Straight Professional, it has a few more advanced features than the brush I am reviewing today but of course, with a slightly higher price, you can compare the two brushes yourself to see what is the most suitable for you.
Now, back to the brush, I am reviewing today. It is packed with many features both safety oriented and for the sake of practicality. It has an up to date design and the Simply Straight as seen on tv brush itself looks modern. All of the features make it extremely safe, fun and easy to use.
- Lightweight Design: 15.2 ounces
- LCD Display
- Scald protection
- Ceramic surface
- Swivel cord: 6 Ft.
- Auto shut-off: 60 min.
- Voltage: 110V
- Low price <$30
* Approximate price
Based on the principles of ease of use, it is designed for someone on the go and the traveler alike. Its small size makes it equally suitable to use at home, in the bathroom, a hotel room and to keep on a dressing table or in a travel bag.
Upon opening the box, my first impression was that the brush had a very attractive look to it. It is simple to operate with three control buttons: one for power and two for temperature setting. There is also a small LCD screen above the control buttons. The Simply Straight ceramic brush is very lightweight and fits comfortably in my hand.
The body of the Simply Straight hair straightening brush, as well as its bristles, are made of a type of plastic that is very pleasant to the touch. Every bristle has a rounded tip which means it doesn’t pull or hurt when going through the strands of hair.
The brush features an LCD display. The purpose of this is to show the current temperature of the heating element, so you know when it is ready to use. A range of temperatures are available to suit the needs of different hair types.
The head shape is oval. The overall dimensions of the brush are 11×2.8×6.5 inches.
The brush is available in black which goes with everything, it’ll suit any surrounding where it is kept.
Usability of Simply Straight Hair Brush
This hair straightening brush heats up to the maximum temperature of 450°F in two to three minutes. This is another feature that is perfect for someone on the go where every minute of their time matters.
The brush is very easy to maneuver and feels light to hold. The total weight is 15.2 ounces.
The cord length is a very convenient six feet, and it has a swivel making it perfect to use in almost any bathroom or dressing table.
Upon Further Inspection
The maximum operating temperature is 450° F (230° C) which makes the brush an effective straightening solution for even the thickest and/or curliest hair. Lower temperatures should be used for wavy and/or thin hair.
The heating surface has an anti-scald design and an unheated outer row of soft plastic bristles. This row helps to get the hair where you want it to be for the heating and straightening process.
The surface of the heating element itself is made of ceramic. This material provides uniform heating — meaning there’ll be no hot or cold spots that could affect the final result. Also, ceramic, when used for this purpose is considered to be safe for the hair, reducing the risk of burning it or otherwise resulting in an over-processed look. The ceramic bristles are three dimensional in shape and are 1/2 inch in height.
A built-in safety feature of a 60-minute automatic shut-off. If the brush has been turned on but not used for 60 minutes, it will automatically go into standby mode and begin to cool down. This will save on electricity costs and reduce the risk of danger.
This unit is meant primarily for use in North America as it is rated to operate on 110 volts AC. (For use in other countries, an inexpensive voltage converter is required.)
One must be careful when operating the brush. This is because of the fact that the control buttons are located on the outer side of the handle which could cause an accidental temperature change or turn the heating element turned off completely.
All in all, the Simply Straight ceramic hair straightening brush provides an economical, fast and easy way to straighten curly, wavy or frizzy hair. It has a sleek modern look and is comfortable to use. All in all, the positive points far outweigh the negative points.
The positive points are:
- It heats up to operating temperature in three minutes or less.
- Its small size and good build quality make it practical for home or travel use.
- The ceramic heating surface provides uniformity of heat distribution and is gentle on the hair no matter what type it is.
- The LCD display the temperature allows the right temperature to be locked in to help achieve the desired results.
- The three-dimensional ceramic bristles are gentle on the hair.
- The six-foot swivel cord is suitable for most bathrooms or even a dressing table.
- The 60-minute automatic shut-off is an important feature in terms of safety and power consumption.
- The type of plastic used for the body has a nice hand feel to it.
- It is lightweight, coming in under one pound in weight.
- The maximum temperature of 450° Fahrenheit (230° Celsius) will straighten even the curliest or frizziest of hair types.
The only negative points are:
- The location of the controls. They are located on the outer side of the handle. Having them in this location makes it possible to change the temperature or even turn the unit’s power off while it is in use.
- There are no accessories of a carry case included with the unit. In fairness, combs and carry cases can be obtained fairly cheaply.
- The brush is designed for use with 110 volts AC. This obstacle for worldwide usability can be remedied with the use of a voltage converter.
I hope you will enjoy the Simply Straight ceramic brush as much as I do 🙂